So despite the title, let's get something out of the way first.
Some time ago, I talked about cancelling The Misadventures of Tiffany Ebrum
to make room for this new thing. However, after careful thought, it's come to me that I would still like to work on it at some point, but not when I have commissions and things on my plate. Therefore, I am placing that series on Indefinite Hiatus
until I've completed all commissions and requests, and will most likely pick it up again after that.
"But Scale Train!" I hear you cry. "If you don't feel like you can do another project on top of commissions, why do another one?"
Because, my dear peoples, this is not an art project. This is a fanfic project, which I feel I can juggle better on top of art and things. Also, I really just want to do this one more
. You've already heard me bring it up in your status threads, but now I've managed to develop it a little more and I feel like it's something I could really enjoy writing. So without further ado, I'd like to announce...
Ash Ketchum and the Forgotten Island
During his travels through the Alola region, Ash Ketchum is suddenly caught in a mysterious storm and separated from his friends and Pokémon. He soon awakens on a strange island that he has never visited before - an island not marked on any maps, and populated entirely by bizzare Pokémon hybrids! With no way to contact the outside world, our hero must find a way to get off the island and reunite with his friends, as well as uncover the hidden secrets of how it came to be. However, his journey will have more than enough roadblocks, most of them in the form of Jynx-based hybrids who would love to lock lips with him, whether their intentions are good or bad.
And there are some secrets that are best left uncovered...Characters:
Aside from Ash, the main characters of this series will be the Jynx hybrids that he'll encounter every chapter. Below is a list of the hybrids that are confirmed to appear:
- Bruxynx: Bruxish + Jynx. An inhabitant of the coral reefs with a mischevious and playful disposition.
- Jynbok: Jynx + Arbok. A tree-bound predator with a seductive personality and a forever-rumbling stomach.
- Jyndra: Jynx + Goodra. A slimy, friendly beast of the swamp who is eternally curious about everything.
- Goldynx: Goldeen + Jynx. An alluringly beautiful healer and maiden of the rivers. (Suggestion by )
- Gavantynx: Gavantula + Jynx. A web-spinning, motherly figure who wants the best for her children.
- Jynbat: Swoobat + Jynx. A devious and crafty cave dweller that exclusively targets cute young men.
- Roserynx: Roserade + Jynx. A mysterious flower looking for a little... pollenation.
- Cofagrynx: Cofagrigus + Jynx: An ancient spirit who desires the perfect little servant.
- Jynette: Jynx + Banette. A cruel phantom that enjoys making... alterations to her victims
UPDATE: Other hybrids currently under consideration are:
- Tanjynx: Tangela + Jynx. Another strange forest creature, her motivations are unknown. (Suggestion by )
- Salazzynx: Salazzle + Jynx. A seductive femme fatale who desires a mate. (Suggestion by )
- Zorynx: Zoroark + Jynx. A cunning shapeshifter who likes to play all manner of tricks. (Suggestion by )
- Swalynx: Swalot + Jynx. A forever-hungry, dopey glutton. (Suggestion by )
- Jynbuffet: Jynx + Wobbufet. Nobody can seem to explain this bizzare oddity. (Suggestion by )
- Jynmime: Jynx + Mr. Mime. A strange mistress of mimicry. (TheScaleTrain Originals)
- Jynlee and Jynchan: Jynx + Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan. Two spunky fighting sisters who are rarely seen apart. (TheScaleTrain Originals)
- Jynperior: Jynx + Serperior. Jynbok's rival, a more gentle and compassionate figure. (TheScaleTrain Original)
The list will be updated with more potential Jynx hybrids as the story continues. In the description of each chapter, a short "Pokédex" styled biography of that hybrid will be written. Other Pokémon hyrbids will appear in a minor capacity, with their own entries included.Kinks:
This story is basically a string of scenarios to have Ash get smooched by Jynx-like entities in succession, so obviously big lips, kisses and lipstick are the main subject matter. This story is also planned to cover:
- Snake coils and squeezes.
- Spider web and wrapping.
- Mummy wrappings.
- Hypnosis/mind control.
- Flower pollen.
- Vampirism/energy draining.
Schedule: Like most things I do, Forgotten Island will have no set schedule. However, what you can be sure if is that it will be every other upload I do, since I want to juggle this alongside other works. So after each art piece, a chapter of Forgotten Island will commence production and be uploaded. I can't give a definite time frame for how long these will take to write, but at least you'll know when to expect one.
Anyone excited? Any thoughts, opinions and suggestions to make? Let me know in the comments!